Can I do these courses via distance learning? 
Yes – all programmes are available in distance learning/limited contact mode. Some programmes are supported by internet training.
Can I register and study anywhere? 
Yes – anywhere in the world. 
Are Edutel’s courses recognized/registered? 
Yes, all our courses/programmes are accredited. Edutel also collaborates with other institutions (Universities, Public FET Colleges) which are all fully recognized. 
What are the entrance requirements for your courses? 
With all our courses, except AET Training a basic literacy is required. The actual course requirements for each course varies and are noted in the different brochures.
What if I don’t understand something? 
You can contact Edutel for further support.
Where are your examination centres? Where can I write my exams? 
Each institution arranges its own examination centres. In many of the programmes no exams are written as it is competency based and the instruments used to assess learners are mostly knowledge questionnaires and portfolios of evidence.
Do I get a Certificate/Diploma/Degree? 
Depending on the course for which you are enrolling you will always be rewarded upon completion of the particular course. The qualification/recognition may vary depending on the intensity of the course.
You will receive an attendance certificate for attendance of the workshop, and once your portfolio has been assessed and you are found competent you will receive a Certificate of Competence showing the number of credits obtained for the particular workshop. If the workshop you attended was based on registered unit standards, the relevant SETA will also issue you with a statement of results confirming that you have earned the credits linked to those standards.
Correspondence courses /distance learning 
Depending on the course enrolled for, you will receive your qualification as soon as you have been declared competent on the relevant assessment criteria set for the course.
When do I write exams? 
Should examinations be applicable, please see the relevant brochure for more information.
Can I enrol at any time or is there a closing date? 
Please consult the relevant brochure for closing dates. In some courses there are closing dates but in most cases, learners can register at any time of the year.
Where can I get an application form? 
If the relevant application form is not available on this website, please contact us and we will provide you with the relevant application form. 
What does NQF stand for? 
National Qualifications Framework. 
What does REQV stand for? 
Relevant Education Qualification Value. 
Can I get subject credits? 
Yes, you can apply for credits or for Recognition of Prior of Learning (RPL). 
Are your courses outcomes-based? 
Yes, pending the course you are registering for.
Can I register for a course outside of RSA? 
Yes, please contact us for more information because in some cases SETA endorsement is not possible outside of South Africa. 
What is a learnership? 
Learnerships are defined as professional and vocational education and training programmes. They combine theory and practice and culminate in a qualification that is registered on the NQF. A person who successfully completes a learnership will have a qualification that signals occupational competence and which is recognised throughout the country.  A learnership is a workplace route towards a qualification.
What is a Skills Programme/part qualification? 
A Skills Programme/ part qualification is occupationally based and when completed will constitute credits towards a qualification registered in terms of the National Qualifications Framework. A skills programme/ part qualification is a short learning programme. 
70/30 principle and assessment of SETA accredited training
Learners attend classes (or conduct self study) on the knowledge component of the respective unit standards (modules). This will make up 30% of the time spent on a unit standard (module). 
After completing the knowledge component learners will find a workplace assessment guide (perforated) at the back of their modules to give to their workplace supervisor, which will inform his/her supervisor as to what it is that was covered as part of the knowledge component and what performance criteria needs to be met in the workplace. 
The supervisor will, in most instances, become the workplace coach and will see to it that the learner gets the necessary exposure to the practical (implementation) part of the unit standard (module). 
The learner will need to apply his/her knowledge in the workplace in line with the policies and procedures of the company. 
During this process the learner will collect evidence to prove that he/she can apply ,in the workplace, what was learned in the classroom / self study. This evidence will be authenticated by his/her supervisor and manager and will be added to the learner’s portfolio. 
Once the learner has built his/her portfolio of evidence, he/she will submit it to Edutel for assessment. 
The learner will also write a knowledge test on the knowledge component after attending classes/self study. The assessed knowledge test will also be placed in his/her portfolio of evidence. 
After the learner’s portfolio has been assessed and the learner is found competent, he/she will earn the credits linked to the respective unit standard (module). 
What is Competency Based Training? 
The essential aspect of CBT is that the delivery, assessment and certification of training relates to the demonstration of attained knowledge, skills and the application required for effective performance at the required level in the workplace as defined in the competency standards. 
Under the competency based system importance is placed on demonstrating what people can do in the workplace and not how long they spend in training or merely the amount of knowledge they acquired in a formal setting. This means that competency based training is out-comes orientated. 
What is knowledge based training? 
Knowledge based training only deals with the knowledge component. This is input driven and learners can seldomly demonstrate any practical competence after such a learning intervention. 
Will I automatically earn the points allocated by SACE?
You must register yourself with SACE for CPTD in order for Edutel to upload any points against your profile on the SACE MIS. Should you not do so, Edutel will not be able to upload the points for the unit standards you registered for and were declared competent on.