EDUTEL HIGHER EDUCATION
Advanced Certificate in Foundation Phase Teaching
Advanced Certificate in Foundation Phase Teaching, NQF level 6, SAQA ID 110648
This is a 2 year, blended mode of delivery (distance with extra support) qualification for Foundation Phase Teachers on REQV13 wanting to upgrade to REQV14 and for those teachers who want to change from teaching Intermediate or Senior Phase to Foundation Phase. The Advanced Certificate in Foundation Phase Teaching aims to provide students with a sound knowledge base for teaching learners from Grade R to Grade 3. This qualification, the Advanced Certificate in Teaching (ACT) replaced the Advanced Certificate in Education (ACE) and is recognised by DHET for REQV improvement.
Minimum admission requirements:
- A three-year College of Education Diploma or
- A National Professional Diploma in Education (NPDE) at Level 5 or
- Advanced Certificate in Education at NQF Level 6 – not specialising in Foundation Phase Teaching or
- A former undergraduate Higher Diploma in Education or
- A former Further Diploma in Education not specialising in Foundation Phase Teaching or
- A professional Bachelor of Education (BEd) Degree or
- A Bachelor’s degree plus a Postgraduate Certificate in Education PGCE or
- University Education Diploma.
This qualification is approved by CHE and TEPEC.
Edutel Higher Education (Pty) Ltd is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until December 2021 as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate No.2017/HE07/001.
We have affordable payment options to suit your needs. The good news is you don’t need to pay any application fees and all your study material is included! Here are your payment options:
- Pay via a Fundi loan
- Cash/Credit Card payment
- A deposit and monthly installments
Complete the online application form or download the application form below, complete it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fast mail it to PO Box 8210 Westgate 1734 or courier it to ABSA Building, 1st floor, Cnr Ontdekkers Road & Crane Avenue, Horison, 1724. Remember to include certified copies of your qualifications, ID and recent salary advice (no older than 2 months).