EDUTEL HIGHER EDUCATION
Diploma in Grade R Teaching
Diploma in Grade R Teaching, NQF level 6, SAQA ID 109561
The Diploma in Grade R Teaching is offered through distance learning over 3 years – full time or 4 years – part time.
The Diploma in Grade R Teaching has been developed to meet specific national needs to provide prospective, as well as existing grade R teachers, to equip themselves with specific knowledge and appropriate skills; i.e.
1. Specialisation in Home Language teaching, together with English as First Additional language teaching. All students must study a Second Additional
Language to meet the language requirements relating to conversational competence.
2. An ability to identify barriers to learning in early childhood and develop appropriate teaching and learning programmes to meet the needs of the
3. Develop the skill to adapt to multiple backgrounds and learning needs.
4. Supervised and assessed teaching practice.
5. Professional development as a teacher to teach grade R children effectively.
6. Teaching practice (Workplace integrated learning). WIL is a compulsory part of the programme where students spend four consecutive weeks of supervised teaching practice at schools.
Minimum admission requirements:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) which grants access to Diploma studies or
- National Certificate (Vocational) NC (V) at NQF Level 4 which grants access to Diploma studies or
- A Level 4 or level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood Development or
- A foreign qualification that is equivalent to the NSC as determined by SAQA or
- A Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) at NQF Level 4.
- Students who have completed their Senior Certificate prior to 2008 must have obtained at least four subjects on level D or higher.
This qualification is approved by CHE and TEPEC.
Edutel Higher Education (Pty) Ltd is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until December 2021 as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate No.2017/HE07/001.
We have affordable payment options to suit your needs. The good news is you don’t need to pay any application fees and all your study material is included! You will receive your material both online and in hard copy! Here are your payment options:
- Pay via a Fundi loan
- Cash in full or in three equal instalments/Credit Card payment
- A deposit and monthly installments
Complete the online application form or download the application form below, complete it and email your completed application form to email@example.com or courier it to Edutel Higher Education, ABSA Building, 1st floor, Cnr Ontdekkers Road & Crane Avenue, Horison, 1724. Remember to include certified copies of your qualifications, ID and recent salary advice (no older than 2 months).